1. Earth’s position in the planetary system (from Aristarchus to Copernicus). Greenwich Mean Time, Local Time, Zone Time, changing time at sea
2. The Nautical chart (from Anaximander to Electronic Navigational Chart (ENC). The Geographical Coordinates, the nautical Mile and Navigational Instruments
3. Tides and tidal currents. Energy from tides
4. Tropical cyclones, The oceans and the major seas
5. International canals
6. Straits, Dardanelles-Bosporus, Magellan, El Mandeb, Hormuz etc.
7. The main seaports and river ports of the world
8. Sea zones and seasonal areas, shipping routes, Commodity flows, liquid cargoes, Ocean currents